The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Year Ago Today...







A year ago today, My brother in law Chris passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was an amazing person that was always there whenever you needed him whether you were family, a friend or just someone in need. He was a loving husband and father to my sister and my nephew Max as well as an amazing brother and friend to my family and I for so many years. He touched people's lives everyday when he was here through his kindness, strength and faith in God. After everything that he and my sister were going through when he was sick, he always thought of others first before himself---that was the kind of person that he was.

I have so many happy memories of him--and to this day when I think about him, I try to see his happy smile and hear his contagious laugh because it makes it a little easier to deal with the fact that he's gone. Even though I know that he isn't in pain anymore and that he is with God, I miss him...

If any of you get a chance, please say a little prayer for him and for my sister, Max and the Fisher Family. It would mean alot to my family and I...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I still can't believe it's been a year since Chris has been gone. He is in my thoughts everyday and I miss him terribly. I have always said to people that ask me about him, I don't think in my lifetime, I will EVER meet someone like Chris. My family was so blessed to have him in our lives and love him for over 20 years. My thoughts and prayers go out to Gigi and Max and the Fisher family today. We are all thinking about you and we love you. Chris will always be in our hearts. Love Lorraine

Rod said...

My memories of Chris go way back to when I was still in high school. What a tremendous person!

Jennifer Berend said...

Hey Sharon and Dan:
I have been looging on to your blog daily-enjoying the pictures of darling Kiera and all her adventures!
Today, Dave and I are also marking an anniversary---three years ago Dave's Sister, Jackie, lost her battle to cancer. She was 43 years old.
Tonight we are going to Powerhouse Park in Del Mar to throw flowers in the cocean and we will add a prayer for Chris and your family.
lots of Love,
Jen

Terri said...

I know I'm a day late, but my thoughts and prayers are with the family on this anniversary. Chris was a very special person and it is obvious that he was well loved and is missed a lot.