The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!!!


This Easter was a nice quiet one. We first went to church this morning and Keira did great! It was so packed that there were no seats, only space to stand in the lobby area. Keira was in her stroller for a bit, then wanted to walk around. An old lady knocked her over a couple of times in the doorway which was kind of annoying. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt in thinking that she just didn't see her. She was very well behaved and happy. One lady next to her told us that she was so in love with Keira and that she wanted to take her home. She just may have if we didn't leave soon after that!!!
Auntie Lorraine and Uncle Mike came over after that with lunch and to visit with Keira. They got to spend noisy time with her before she was down for the count...which is where she is right now...sleeping quietly! She is still getting those weird rashes that show up and go away after about 30 minutes and show up somewhere else on her body. I need to make an appointment for a doctor to take a look at it. I wonder if she may be allergic to something. She doesn't seem to be itchy from it or complain about them. They just look like they would be horribly itchy. They are very red with some bumps. They go away and next thing you know, they are in a different area of her body....and so on and so on.

I got some great ideas and advice on an activity and book to read. Dawn gave me a recommendation on strollerstrides, which is a new healthy activity to take Keira on. I have checked on the website and will get more info. It sounds like fun! (Thanks Dawn :) ) My friend Sarah also was letting me know about a Love and Logic book for very young children. She said that it has helped with tantrums etc with her little one that is only a month or so older than Keira.

With it being Easter, I've had a chance to really reflect on the things that I am so grateful for. I have such wonderful friends and family. I am so blessed to have such a thoughtful, loving husband and a beautiful, sweet daughter. In family, I mean not only my immediate family (mom, Gi, Max, my cousin Mike, Lorraine and Mike) but my fantastic in-laws (Dad, Margaret, Mom, Kat and Matt, Brenda and Mike, Laura, Eric, Hannah, Noah, Todd Christine, Fallon and Aria) as well. Gigi, Max and Mom travelled cross country to bring Keira all of her furniture and get things started in her room- with Mom also staying to help in the first transitioning period with love and advice. Lorraine has given so much in being so involved in all of Keira's activities and being a big part of Keira's daily life. Gigi has done so much in sending all of the gifts and giving sound motherly advice and you just wait until you get here Max...you are going to have your hands full helping me take care of Keira! Dad and Margaret were so supportive when I was up in Boston as well as with the encouraging emails and Elmo! Mom sent some beautiful cards and I can't thank all of the Curry sisters enough for all of the gifts and fantastic sisterly and motherly advice- especially Brenda. Thank you for all of the information on China and gifts that you have sent Keira- including the CD of lullabies that you recorded. I am also thankful for the Fisher Family. They have been extended family to my family for years since Gigi and Chris first met and eventually wed. Rose and Bill sent over some things to help with the trip to China (The Baby Bjorn was something I couldn't have made it without!), Becky sent a beautiful card and outfit for Keira. Mr. and Mrs. Fisher sent Keira a doll in her likeness as well as a book which brought tears to my eyes the other day when I finally got a chance to read it. It was a beautiful book about adoption. Everyone has been so great and supportive with everything that we've been going through with our family and just being wonderful family to Keira. Everyone has sent such thoughtful gifts and well wishes for her. I can't thank everyone enough. I am also truly blessed to have such great friends as well. I am so sorry that I haven't had the chance to send out Thank You cards yet to everyone. It's been so busy and everything is so new (I know it's no excuse!)---I really want everyone to know how much I really truly appreciate the love and support that you have given and can't thank everyone enough.
I hope that all of you have a wonderful Blessed Easter! I love and cherish all of you and feel so fortunate to have all of you in Dan, Keira and My lives. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Have you changed laundry detergent lately? Or how you do laundry? It almost sounds like a reaction to the detergent, or fabric softner. Just a crazy thought. I know that Rae was allergic to Pampers and it didn't occur to me until I noticed when I changed to Huggies (I happened to have them on hand) and she didn't get the diaper rash, that that was what it was. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find out what is causing it soon.

Sounds like you had a lovely Easter. And I just love how much your family and friends are supportive and giving. You have a great family, Sharon. I know you won't ever let them slip away.

Dan and Sharon said...

You are one of them Terri! You have always been there for Dan and I through everything from when we were trying to start our family to all of the great advice and support that you always give now with Keira. You are a great friend and the Huge Thank You was definitely meant for you as well! :)