The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Conversion...

After typing that all out I just realized.....MAN! It's a good thing that I memorized where all of the buttons and nick nacks were on this site! I must have gotten used to seeing everything here being in Chinese because I just realized that this website completely converted to Chinese! Not that I understand a word or character of it-- but it's pretty funny that I didn't even notice! I think I need to go back to bed! :)
Dan and I just had a discussion on trying to figure out what day it is here and what day it is over there. Now he has me as confused as he was! At least the computer is still on local time in California so that hopefully will keep us on track with what time it is there so that we aren't calling any of you guys at 2 in the morning. Hopefully we don't end us so confused on trying to keep track of what time it is there that we forget what time it is here. Too much to think about besides remembering not to drink the water! I have to buy bottled water I think to even wash my hair since somehow I always get shampoo and water in my mouth in the shower. Dan says I should just close my mouth. That's too easy :)
There were fireworks last night for some celebrations that are still going on for Chinese New Year- the year of the pig. The pollution is pretty thick, so it might take us a while to get used to it. Either way, we're SOOOOO excited to be here!

From Dan:
Getting here was no easy task because the pilot on our flight out of LAX to San Fran (SFO) needed his beauty rest and so that flight was delayed, causing us to miss our United flight to China. Fortunately I do not follow instructions and went to the wrong line to beg fr help. The clerk got us on Air China from SFO and I did not even have to resort to crying. People do have a soft spot for some situations!

So far China hasn't been too eventful beyond the fact that I was able to get plenty of coffee. By the way, people here like to be hot. The temperature in the jet was about 80 and the only air conditioning available is if you would like the condition to be 80.

We are very glad that we made it here and I can't tell you how relieved we were once we finally got on an aircraft headed to Beijing. It is a very long flight but we were happy to do it.

No comments: