The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Back from Boston


The trip out to Boston for the Travel Meeting was definitely an experience. The meeting itself was great! I printed out my boarding passes for the plane then I took a taxi to the meeting from the hotel which was funny. I had printed up a Mapquest of the directions and gave it to the taxi driver. Needless to say they were all across the board, so it didn't exactly help. It was so nice to get a chance to meet Linda and the 2 families that we will be traveling to China with! We got to know each other a little and they both seem like such nice families and are just as excited as we are to go if that's possible! lol We all got the hardcopies of the Travel Approvals which was very cool. We will have to give those when we go to China, so I'm going to make sure to make copies to keep for her to have.

After the meeting, Dan's dad and Margaret met me to pick me up and take me to lunch. I haven't gotten to see them in a couple of years, so it was great to get to spend some time catching up and talking about the trip. Dan's dad told a funny story about how Dan's name would have been Murray. Murray Curry. I think Dan is glad that the name Daniel won out! I told Dan that it was "like father like son" when Dad ordered Meatloaf for lunch. I could make the most gourmet meal on earth and Dan STILL would prefer to have Meatloaf. Too Funny...

They dropped me off at the airport where I ended up getting a manicure believe it or not. It wasn't a great manicure, but hey! Anything to pass time was good enough for me. We talked some and I told her about the adoption. Her response in a VERY strong East Coast accent was "WOW! You must be just BURSTIN' with Fruit FlAAAvah!" That cracked me up! I don't know if that was her own thing or if it was an East Coast term I had never heard of before--hilarious...

I started trying to find my gate and when looking at the United monitor for departures, there were only 5 flights showing and none of them were mine. I stopped at the desk and apparently they changed my flight from going to LAX->Carlsbad, to San Diego! Uh....my car was at Carlsbad. The interesting thing was that the flight was not until 6:30 and the flight that they changed me to was for 5. What if I showed up at 5:15? I would have missed the flight. Well, I ended up having to call Dan to have him pick me up in San Diego. It was VERY confusing because my boarding pass said it was Boston->San Diego, but everyone else on the plane was going to Chicago. Turns out I had to switch planes even though it was the same flight number in Chicago. I've got a pretty huge headache now from all of the flying and jetlag.
I received some VERY cute stuff in the mail while I was out. My friend Sarah sent the CUTEST pink and yellow ducky bathrobe, booties and towel. I just love this set! Brenda sent some cute warm clothes as well as a CD of songs that she sang. It will be so nice to play this for Keira at night as her lullabies. I'm so very grateful for good friends and family that have been so supportive. :)

No comments: