The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Success...for now anyway...






















Today marks 2 days in a row that Keira completely slept through the night. YAY! I'm trying to get her into more of a pattern to understand what works best for her. What finally did it was letting her eat dinner a little later (she LOVES mom's fish and rice concoction), sleeping at 8:45-09:00pm and when I give her a bottle, it has her formula PACKED with rice cereal. It makes it really thick and fills her up so that she isn't hungry through the night waking up for another bottle.

Yesterday, Mom, Keira and I took a trip down to San Diego. We went to my workplace to visit some friends there then headed to the Miramar base to buy stuff for Keira since it's usually MUCH cheaper there. We were a little worried that she would be crabby since she only got about 10 minutes of sleep in the car, but she was still her usual charming self. I, like a dork forgot to bring my camera, so luckily my friend Terri took pictures with her camera phone. Keira was fascinated by Laura's squishy stress ball that flashes colors. We were laughing because she even figured out on her own to squeeze it to get the colors to pop out. She was also crazy about Ube! She kept smiling and flirting with him. It was very fun. It's funny how in a few of Terri's pictures, we have the same facial expressions, and we actually kind of look alike! Terri also reminded me that I have to change the caption on the blog from saying "Soon to be Dad and Mom" to "New Dad and Mom"....I think I will! :)

2 comments:

Terri said...

You do look a lot alike. Rob was blown away by it. Keira is so precious. I can't get over how much she has bonded with you in such a short time. It's fabulous. And she is a smart one, so watch out. You will definately have your hands full with a smart and beautiful girl.

And YAY, you changed it to New Mom and Dad. You're a MOM!!!! I just love that.

Loved meeting your mom yesterday, she's as wonderful as I thought she would be.

Have a great one.

Rod said...

It's so nice when they sleep through the night! :) It gives us old folks a chance to recharge.