The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Making Travel Arrangements


Well..good news! June received our passports etc today. What a relief! I spent most of the morning going back and forth over the phone finalizing the travel arrangements to China. The arrangements for the In-China travel has already been planned and taken care of by our Adoption Agency, but we have to get the travel to China taken care of. June was giving me the prices for travel and WOW! It sounded REALLY high! I was sure I saw lower prices, so I asked her if I could check flight prices on my own first and I would let her know either way what we would do. First I called United and was given a great price! Someone was trying to call into the phone, so I had to hang up with her and when I called back in about 5 minutes later, the price went up about $500! HUH?!?!? In 5 minutes??? I called back in again to see if it was a fluke and it was actually getting even WORSE! I checked online and the price was the same as when I first called in, so I called back and told them the flights etc. I couldn't book it online because we are buying a return flight for Keira with her own seat and it wouldn't allow me to book her flight separately. When it finally came down to it, booking directly through United was about $40 less than if June did it. I decided to go ahead and let the travel agency do it to save the hassle. Poor Dan....he has such a headache from all of the stress over the past couple days.

No comments: