The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Pink


It was a pretty lazy day for Keira and I. Dan and I have been painting the outside of the house over the past weekend and have been pretty beat up. We're going to do more painting this weekend (thanks Auntie Lorraine for babysitting Keira when we do this!) and although I SAID I was going to do more painting this week...it just hasn't happened. Everytime I get into trying to start, Keira wakes up from her nap. Now you KNOW there isn't going to be a whole lot of painting getting done with a little toddler running around and wanting to be into everything.


For some reason...I wanted to try Pinkberry. I had heard so much about it and really wanted to see if it lived up to it's hype. The closest one was in Temecula so off we went once she woke up from her nap.


I'll be honest....I'm not exactly WHAT on earth I was thinking... It's a little over 20 miles which wasn't the bad thing about the adventure. It was that it was almost 100 degrees in Temecula today! I watched the temperature gauge in my car climb in numbers until it reached 98. Ugh...all I have to say is that this Pinkberry stuff better be good!


What is Pinkberry you say? Well....it's a frozen yogurt chain in LA that is supposed to be really fantastic. The first thing that struck me as interesting as I opened the door was the graphic in the window. You know how you see signs that say "No shirts, no shoes no service" etc? Well, in the window was a slashed out picture of a camera. Apparently no one is allowed to take pictures. Weird...


There are two flavors. Original and Green Tea. The lady at the counter gave me a taste of both. Hmmm.... The green tea was really strong. I normally really love green tea ice cream, but there was just something about this taste that didn't appeal to me. The original flavor tasted kind of like a tart almost lemony taste. Difficult to describe. The interesting thing is also the toppings. Many of the toppings are actually cereals! I ended up with a small Original Pinkberry with strawberries and Cap't Crunch cereal.


So how was it? Was it worth the journey out in almost 100 degree weather? (Drumroll....)


Wow! I think the jury is still out on that one. It was good, but I'm not so sure that I'm so addicted to it like some people seem to get. Although, it might be because I've heard such rave reviews that after that kind of build up, you're bound to be disappointed. I just don't know... I think that I need to have another one just to be sure ;)


Anyway, here is a picture. Since you can't take a picture in the store, I found this picture that someone else took...obviously in the store. So much for them really enforcing that rule, huh? :)

1 comment:

marie said...

OMG I heard so much about that stuff.
Some say it's made with human parts LOL
I don't know but the celebs love it.
I can't believe there's one nearby?! Thanks for
sharing! We'll have to go get some. I think I'll be daring and take an illegal photo of me eating it in the shop LOL
mmm mmm
Marie