The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Baby Brawl Part II

Actually, I should call this "What COULD have been the Baby Brawl Part II" because nothing ended up happening like last time. As you recall with the first Baby Brawl, there was a cute little girl that for some reason butted heads with Keira. They kept going at each other wanting to fight and to be honest, I turned away for a second and didn't see who the initial instigator was. After yesterday, I'm 99.99% sure that it wasn't Keira and was the other little girl.

Yesterday, In between running errands etc, I took Keira to the mall to run around Playtown and get some of her energy out. The second I put her down for her to run around, who do I see? Yes...that same little girl that she was brawling with before. I was going to try and keep them away from each other, but I figured that kids need to learn to get along, so I didn't. I just decided that I was going to watch how they both interact very carefully.

There was a moment when they both stood there toe to toe staring each other down. I was sure there was going to be another showdown, so I started to move closer to stop any fight that might have started. Soon after that, Keira turned around and walked away looking for something fun to play with. That was the end of that...

Why am I so sure now then that it was the other little one that started it? Well, when watching Keira play, I would take a look every once in a while to see where the other little girl was. Twice, I saw her walk up to other little kids and would give them a clonk on the head that was completely unprovoked. Eventually her mother took her away since she couldn't play nicely. I'm pretty sure now that in that second when she was standing over Keira last time they met up, she probably clonked her as well--thus causing the little baby brawl. Keira fought back which was a good thing I guess... I think... I don't know... is it? I definitely don't want her to fight all the time and want her to know her limitations, but I also don't want her to be a pushover.

No comments: