The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Monday, May 7, 2007

Water Weekend















Grandpa and Grandma Margaret left yesterday and Keira had a great time getting to know both of them. Margaret found a new tickle spot on her that we were not aware of, so we made sure to use it every opportunity we had (on her side). She liked taking them into her room to play with her toys and although she would set things on it, she never really figured out what her princess chair was for...until now. I included a picture of her kicking back on it telling me to fetch her a beer or something.

We went to Legoland and had a great time. Keira and I are such regular there that we should get a parking spot next to the Volvos and preferred parking! She was a little braver with the water play area and at one time stood right over one of the spouts not realizing that it was the next geyser to blow. She was completely soaked! At first she ran to me very freaked out, but like usual figured out that it was fun and went back for more.

After Dad and Margaret left yesterday, we were finally successful in bringing Keira over to the pool. The pool had alot of leaves in it and there was no scoop for us to clean it out. I think that I'm going to buy my own scoop to use over there if we end up using the pool enough. The water was VERY cold as you can see by her facial expression when Dan first put her in the water. They moved over to the Jacuzzi that wasn't on which was much nicer and warmer. She had a great time. She played some, splashed around and would look over and watch some of the other kids playing in the bigger pool....either that, or would just chew on the concrete deck. As you will notice, I discovered that her hair is JUST long enough now for me to put it in little ponytails. She's WAY too cute with her hair that way. I promise though that I won't abuse my parenting priviledges by overdoing it with her hair :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

YAY, she knows the princess chair. Rob said that Dan must be so proud. lol

I'll let you know as soon as I know when we are going. We're moving on Monday, so once we get relatively settled in, I'll check the schedule and you'll have lots of notice. Are there any days that don't work for you at all? Or days that are more difficult?