The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Monday, September 29, 2008

I Am My Mother...

A while back, Keira was running around doing something, but not something that I wanted her to. To get her attention, I said "SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHT...Hey, Mommy said please go pick up your toy and put it back in your room!" Dan gives me a funny look laughing. "Did you just 'Dog Whisper' our daughter or something with that sound?" LOL I didn't even realize that I was doing it, but sure enough...there I was ...making that sound!

Most Filipinos know that familiar sound...SSSSSHHHHHHHHHT! It's how all of our parents got our attention when we were kids and something that we would all make fun of.

Every day when I'm with Keira, I'll find myself saying "OY!" or "Ayyyyyy!" or "Ayyy Nako!" Keira even says "Ayyyy Nako!" on a regular basis as an exclamation. Where is all of this coming from? My Mother! I have turned into my Mother LOL . Not that it's a bad thing...it's just something that I never saw happening as a kid. I HAVE stopped short of pointing at things with my lips though so I haven't completely lost it :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is too funny!

I still turn around when someone does that LOL funny how we do things that our parents have done to us.