The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Why???

Like all children growing and learning what they can and can't say, it all started with "NO!" Her answer for everything was "NO!"...even if she really meant "YES!".

"Keira, do you want to have apple juice?"
"NO!" ...as she is reaching for the sippy cup of apple juice

See? She still says NO alot, but now she is saying it when she actually means it more than anything.

After the "Mommy...watch THIS!" stage, (she does still want me to watch everything that she does, but it's at least changed from her saying it 20 times for each separate activity lol) on to the next stage... What's THIS/THAT???

She wanted to know EVERYTHING...What's this Mommy? a leaf! What's THIS Mommy? Grass! Mommy, What's THIS? a Tree. Mommy...what's THAT? a leaf! Everything!!! It was great though because that was the stage where she really increased her vocabulary and it grows everyday. As a matter of fact, even though it's been going on for a while now, I just noticed the other day that Keira and I were spending most of the day having full conversations now. Granted, the average person walking into the room may not understand everything that we are talking about, but I definitely understand her enough to really have conversations now--usually breaking into song somewhere in between!

Now for the next stage! It was a couple of weeks ago that it really started...the WHY's. Almost everything you say nowadays has a "WHY?" attached to the end. I do answer her and I sometimes find myself doing it subconsciously now...but I'll be honest...many of the answers are "Because I said so!" LOL

She now counts up to about 15 and sings her ABCs all the time and is really starting to recognize numbers, colors and letters. She repeats things so much really trying to catch on with what it all means. I love all of the progressions and stages that she goes through and watching her grow and learn so much. She is such a little sponge right now and really does pick up EVERYTHING around her. I've always heard that this is a really fun stage in her life and now I know why! I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments: