The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Monday, February 11, 2008

This Weekend

This weekend ended up being very different than originally planned. Keira was very sick last weekend with a water faucet nose and 102.4 degree temperature. She became a little velcro monkey and would not let go of me. I had to wash dishes, cook and basically do everything including go to the bathroom carrying my poor sick little girl. By Monday, her fever was gone, but she still had a horrible cough. Because of this, we decided to postpone her liver biopsy. I recall the doctors saying that having a cold and congestion was not good mixing with the anesthesia. She was pretty much completely recovered by this weekend, but I still feel better about not taking any chances. We will most likely be rescheduled sometime in April.

Because she didn't go the hospital, she WAS able to make it to Maddie's birthday party! Maddie turned 4 and had a birthday party at The Little Gym. She was so bummed when she heard that Keira wasn't going to be able to make it at first. "It just won't be the same without Keira- now that she's two!" I'm not sure how the cut off for fun became two, but somehow it was for Maddie! Keira had a BLAST but unfortunately, her disorganized Mommy brought a camera with dead batteries so I wasn't able to take any pictures. Mark, Maddie's daddy took lots of pictures and promised me that he would send me some copies. I'll post them when I get some.

Sunday, Keira and I headed over to the Chun's for a Chinese New Year Celebration. My friend Laura Chun will be Keira's Godmother. It was a great celebration with lots of great food (Chinese of course :) ) and even a traditional Lion Dance performed by the White Dragon Kung Fu school--where Dan takes Tai Chi.

Here is Laura explaining to all of the kids what to do with the red envelopes. You feed the Lions or course! :) She even had Chinese firecrackers.

Laura did such a great job organizing everything! They even had the head of lettuce hanging from the tree for the Lions. The Lion eats the lettuce symbolizing good luck.

Here were the Lion Dancers. Keira saw the Lion Dancing back when we were in China, but this time, it was really up close. It scared her to death! I don't think her feet touched the ground the whole time there were there since she climbed on me the second they came close.

Here is the Lion "eating the lettuce"

We had such a fun weekend. Thanks to our friends for allowing us to enjoy this special weekend with all of you!


No comments: