The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sick Baby

Keira has been pretty sick the past few days. It started a few days ago with a runny nose that came out of nowhere. She still was in great spirits, but a couple of days ago, she started to get a sore throat--so the coughing really started. For the past couple of mornings, whenever she woke up, she started to throw up. Friday, Dan was trying to get her ready to take to daycare and she threw up all over him 3-4 times. Ahhh...the joys of parenthood :). I came home from work early to take her to the doctor and they couldn't find anything unusual other than a bad cold. The doctor suspects that she threw up from such hard coughing that she was doing. We left with her getting 6 shots! No, it had nothing to do with her cold, but coincidentally, she was ready for her next immunization updates with a flu shot thrown in for good measure. It was a horrible thing to get all of the shots, but what made it all so much better was the Wiggles sticker that she got for being so brave! She made sure to show EVERYONE that she could get to look at her "Weegos!" I decided since I was there as well, I might as well get a flu shot too. I've never had one before and when I let the nurse know that, she asked me if I was allergic to eggs. Huh??? I'm sure it was supposed to make sense just didn't make sense to me!

She's been so cranky since then. I'm suspecting that her arms are still in some pain from all of the shots. I only got a flu shot and shoot! My arm hurts! She got 6. Well, on and off, she has been really whiny and cranky. I'm sure that alot of it is also just because she doesn't feel good. Last night, she woke up probably once every 20 minutes or so crying. Normally, once you go in and let her know you are there, she is fine and goes back to sleep. Dan and I were at wits end after waking up so many times through the night when Dan noticed that she hadn't moved from the same spot in her crib at all through the night. The last time she was crying, I picked her up and noticed that the poor thing had spilled water out of her sippy and was laying in a small pool of water that whole time. I just couldn't understand why she didn't move out of the water! I changed her into dry, warm clothes and brought her into our bed to sleep the rest of the night. That didn't work out too well since she was ready to play after that, but it just felt better knowing that she was with us.

This morning, she was still a little cranky and was getting a little antsy having to stay at home. We wanted to make sure that she got enough rest and not too much exposure, so we took her for a quick walk along the pier to get some of her energy out. She was feeling a little better, so I was able to get some pictures of her actually smiling.

Walking along the pier

Here she was catching up with daddy. She's so independant now and likes to do her own thing. She still has to walk between Dan and I no matter what though for safety!

Keira and daddy playing hide and seek around the lamppost. She's a tiny little girl, but I think I can still see her ;)
After we got home, she took a nice long nap then practiced some Tai Chi with daddy.
I miss her happy smiling face, so I hope that she feels better soon!

No comments: