The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back to Work

Last Thursday, I went back to work. It was kind of weird. Even though it really hadn't been THAT long since I left, it still seemed like an eternity. It was really hard getting used to sleeping at 8:30 at night again so that I could get used to waking up at 3:30am. I headed into work and next thing I know, I'm in the parking lot. Wow! I somehow made it to work on auto-pilot. The mind does strange things.

I got to spend Thursday and Friday catching up on new procedures and policies as well as catching up on emails etc. There were still thousands of them, even after most probably already aged off. I checked in on Keira and mom a few times during the day to see how things were going. Mom let me talk to Keira on the phone. She was so cute just jibber jabbering away. I even put her on speaker phone so that everyone could hear her. Mom was doing a great job with her and I wasn't worried at all that she was being taken care of. I think mom really loved getting Keira all to herself as well. It was wonderful baby and Lola bonding time.

When I got home, Keira looked at me screaming and started to cry. It was a trip! It was almost like she didn't realize that I was gone all day until she saw me. Then she realized that I had been missing all day.

The weekend went by so fast. I'm back to work again tomorrow, but this time, I'm back to facilitating system outages instead of catching up. Wish me luck that I remember what to do! lol

1 comment:

Rod said...

Good luck Shay! It really is a trip going back to work and leaving the little one for the first time. Eventually, it does get easier. Bring Photos to put on your desk because they help out a lot. :)