The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Lunch With Jen and Michelle











Jen and Michelle are great friends that I used to work with. We all started working together for SBC when it was still considered Pacific Bell. They always said to expect changes and to remain flexible and that ended up being with everything- including the name, which shifted from Pac Bell to SBC and now to AT&T. We all branched off into different jobs over the years, but we try and get to gether once in a while for lunch to catch up and for laughs.

We were invited to Jen's place in Leucadia for lunch and had a great time. Jen and her boyfriend Dave have a beautiful place that was from the 20's. Jen took us on a little tour and I think that it started off as a smaller place that they put alot of work on with expansion and renovations. All of the work was done by Dave and it's amazing! He even transformed an area of their bedroom into a fantastic closet space that someone could probably live in! lol There is a guest house as well as an entertainment area that could double as a complete second guest house as well. There is also a beautiful fish pond with a waterfall in the front of the house with lots of trees and plants.

When we first got there, I was knocking on the door a few times with no answer. Since I'm at home with Keira now, my days get confused, so at first I thought that I had the wrong day. I called Michelle and she said I had the right day and she was on her way. When she arrived, she gave Keira a cute little pink bear that she kissed and played with most of the time. I knocked a couple of times more and an older guy opened the door peeking his head out. Turns out that I had been knocking on the door at the guest house....oops! :) We finally ended up at the right place and Keira got to point at the fish.

Keira was pretty good during lunch and got to try Peanut Butter and Jelly for the first time. Michelle can't believe that I haven't given her this total kid staple yet!

Here are some pictures of Keira with Jen and Michelle. Thanks for lunch. It was great seeing the two of you!

On a completely unrelated note.....can you believe that every news station yesterday (including FOX and CNN) spent most of the morning showing Paris Hilton going to jail again??? eGAD! Ok...I'll admit it, I watched alot of it but HEY! It was only in disbelief that it was on...I promise ;).










1 comment:

Terri said...

YAY, glad you got to have lunch with Michelle and Jen. They both look fantastic, as usual.