The Many Adventures of Keira!

This is our page to document our family's adoption journey- starting from when we first started planning for our little one, to when we brought her home. We're also going to keep this updated with all of the things that Keira has been up to since she's been home with us here in the U.S!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Our baby!!!






Word can't even describe how happy Dan and I are right now! The time has been extending more and more to where it just feels like an eternity. Something was telling me last week to look at our agency's waiting children list. I did...and THERE she was!!!!! I knew the first second I looked at her that I was looking at the face of my baby girl! I called Dan and told him how excited I was and how I wanted to get more info. Was she even still available for adoption? was the website outdated? It was late on a Friday afternoon and since our agency is on the East coast, I knew we wouldn't hear anything until Monday...sheer agony. Although I promised Dan that I would try not to get my hopes up, I kept staring at her pictures. We finally got the information Monday morning that she was still available and we put in to officially request a match. Since there were many people also interested in her, we had to wait until the decision was made in a committee meeting. Another week of waiting....
They had the meeting last Friday and Lauren, our social worker called...WE HAD BEEN MATCHED! I was crying so hard from happiness that I wasn't sure I was really hearing what I thought I was hearing!
Now we wait for the Fed Ex package with the information and our official letter of intent that we will need to have formatted and sent off to let the Chinese Government know of our intention to specifically adopt her.
Her name right now is Hui Xiao Wen and she is the most beautiful little baby girl I have ever seen in my life! I know...I know...I'm biased ;)

No comments: